Today’s Masters of Transport and Logistics Photo comes from Tanzania, in Africa. These are the series of photos that marvel at how people can transport themselves and all sorts of goods in the hardest way possible, or where the amount of goods great exceeds the engineering capacity of the mode of transport that is being used. This might include transport by car, motorbike, donkey or even on foot.
Anyone who has been to Africa would have seen the below sight, as you see this everywhere – women doing the hard yards and carrying weight loads on their heads that would be deemed unsafe for forklifts by Occupational Health and Safety officers in the west.
There is no way in the world that Westerners would even attempt to carry something this heavy on their heads for miles and miles!
Masters Of Transport and Logistics Time!
One thing I have noticed during my travels of Africa is that much of African life happens by the side of the road, and this is only one microcosm of this life. You can see deals being made, people talking to each other, people trying to hitch rides, or just moving their goods and themselves from Point A to B.
These women must receive fantastic head, neck and shoulder massages from their husbands at the end of the day… Not!
But this is the way of life here. You do anything to ensure there is food on the table at night. Even if that means lugging goods to sell for long distances. Now I truly understand why Africans always dominate the long distance running events at the Olympics. They have the best possible training program to ensure that they take out the first one hundred places!
They’re definitely hard workers, and would make this book – Tanzanian Women Entrepreneurs: Going for Growth.
For more Masters of Transport and Logistics, see
- Supply Chain Management Pics
- Adventure Motorcycles – The Toilet Brush Version!
- The Worst Motorcycle Load Ever
- The Indonesian Scooter
- The Multipurpose Scooter
- The Floating Washing Bucket
- Auto rickshaw mayhem
- Bucket seats from China
- Spring Chickens from Cambodia
- Buffalo Rides from Vietnam
- The Satellite Dish Scooter
- The Vietnamese Pig Courier
- How To Ride A Bike – With An Ox
- Memorial Monuments – Motorbike Safety, and
- The Cat Man From Vietnam
For more on Tanzania, see:
- Baboon Facts – Funny Behaviour Photo
- Office Shoes – Footwear Custom Made From Tyres
- Funny Bumper Sticker Quote from Africa – So True! Africa Time!
- Funny Travel Photo – The George Bush Bar, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Orange Crush. There’s Plenty in Tanzania
- The Hyrax. What animal is it related to?
- Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania. One of the coolest camping grounds ever!
- What Business is This? Find Out From The Mural On The Outside!
- Truck Surfing in Africa – More Masters of Transport and Logistics
- Head Carrying Large Loads – African Women Who Are Masters of Transport and Logistics, Tanzania