Let’s face it. When we were all kids before the internet came (long before digital times), we all used to try and climb the biggest tree we could find and climb up all the way to the top!
That’s easy when you have well positioned branches that help you get there.
But what if you don’t have that luxury, and you had to climb up a near vertical trunk, like a coconut tree?
Well check this guy out! He will teach you How To Climb A Coconut Tree!
How To Climb a Coconut Tree! The Solomon Islands Way
Have a look at this ingenious technique that this Solomon Islands local did near the Titiru Eco Lodge on Rendova Island.
He uses a woven set of leaves around his ankles as grip to get to the top and harvest some coconuts for us to drink!
Check out this video I put together. It’s pretty mental.
I’m not going to give this a go anytime soon. I don’t think my travel insurance would cover this!
See more at the Solomon Islands Visitors Bureau.
Also check out:
- Things To Do In The Solomon Islands!
- Solomon Islands People Pics from the ‘Hapi’ Isles!
- Battle of Guadalcanal – An ”Open Air” Museum!
- The Best World War 2 Museum Ever!
- How To Climb A Coconut Tree!
- John F Kennedy History and Accomplishments – the World War 2 version
- Skull Island – a Headhunter Confronter!
- World War 2 Jeeps. Some are still going!
- How to Eat Betel Nut – And Not Vomit!
- Carry On Luggage Weight Limits – The Human Version!
- Solomon Islands Diving and Snorkelling Photos To Get You Wet!
- The ‘Okay’ Store! It’s Better Than A Bad One!